This is simple, amazingly delicious and surprisingly healthy!
In around 20 minutes you can knock up your own little plate of Thailand!
The following ingredients serve two:
2 steaks (rump, sirloin or fillet)
1 head of rommaine lettuce
Large hanful of fresh coriander
Large handful of fresh mint
Large handful of fresh basil
1 red onion
For the dressing
1 hot red chilli
2cm piece of fresh ginger
1 garlic clove
2 large limes
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsb fish sauce
Salt and pepper
– For the dressing – Halve and deseed the chilli, peel the ginger and garlic an d finely chop everything/ Place in a small bowl and squeeze the lime juice over the top. Ad the oil, fish sauce, salt and pepper Whisk with a fork and leave to infuse
– For the salad put together the romaine lettuce, corriander, mint and bail.
– Put a large frying pan on a high heat and drizzle with a little oil. Season well and fry for 2-3 minutes each side.
– Rest steak in foil for around five minutes
– Pour half of the dressing over the salad, arrange the steak on top and add the remaining dressing and serve.
This is the perfect salad for the last days of summer…
Salads for me are about so much more than iceberg lettuce, cucumber and a bit of tomato. They can be some of the most exciting meals I eat and this little lovely is no exception!
I washed it down with a Chambord and Proesecco cocktail (not very Thai but very delicious!)