I am absolutely in love with Gwyneth Paltrow’s cook book ‘It’s all good’. I bought it about two years ago but have only recently started putting it to good use. This morning for breakfast I whipped up my take on her buttermilk waffles & let me tell you, they are insanely good.
I switched the gluten free flour for coconut flour. The result? Thick, soft, vanilla, concnutty clouds of gorgeousness. And the best bit? Gluten, dairy & sugar free. Here is what you will need and the recipe I followed:
- 3 cups soy milk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- coconut oil for the waffle maker
- Stir soy milk with lemon juice in a large bowl and let stand for 10 min. (Mixture should thicken and curdle)
- Preheat waffle maker.
- Whisk flours with baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk vanilla and maple syrup into soy mixture, then combine with flour mixture, being careful not to over-mix.
- Spray waffle maker lightly. Ladle in batter and cook until waffles are golden on both sides, 4 to 7 min.
I had mine with lashings of maple syrup and blackberries. The perfect guilt-free Sunday morning breakfast.